Monday, April 9, 2012

I am by no means a good book reviewer. I've simply left my impressions on one book or another on goodreads. Last night I left one such impression about a certain book that has been hot, hot hot, lately. Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James. It just got me thinking... really thinking about a lot of stuff. I'd like to share my impression. Feel free to comment.

Book Review: Book #3 Fifty Shades of Grey

The first book pulled me in. Way in. Their sexuality was compelling. Their relationship, though... Scary. Christian sounded tempting for a woman's libido, but totally unhealthy for her emotions and mental state. I was exhausted by the second book, both by their sex life as by the rest. I honestly skipped through the third book. I kept trying to find an actual plot. Bottom line, the plot was weak, but the man has us dreaming in the bedroom. Oh and it doesn't hurt that he's rich and can give us the world. No more cooking, cleaning, and working because we need the money. Lol. I'm seriously in deep thought about what our attraction to such a controlling man says about us as women. Myself included... They say he's based on Edward Cullen? Right on. I am not team Edward. I found him to be unhealthy for Bella, as well. I'm team Jacob, but check this out... When I actually analized why, I was ashamed of myself. He's warmer and she could supposedly have real babies with him. If memory serves me right, he has major anger issues and he could hurt her at any moment. Oh, wait. So maybe Christian Grey is really a cross between Edward and Jacob? Why do we swoon for these characters? Food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment